Rise of Jay !

Monday, April 20, 2015

There are cakes and then there are cakes that enlighten you ! When my friend K asked me to make a birthday cake for her son, I was excited and curious all at the same time. I was excited because K always has such inspiring design ideas and curious since I was clueless about the NinjaGo folks. Some of my wise little friends have since lectured me on this regard and now I at least know who is who. The blue Ninja on the top of this cake as you see is very BLUE, very SMART and is a favorite of the birthday boy! The Ninja’s name is JAY. If you are feeling up to soaking in some more of the trivia, Jay is the Ninja of lightning and has a keen sense of humor! No wonder it was great fun making this cake :)
The Ninga bust is hand molded from Rice Krispies Treat bar, and covered with fondant. Using RKT keeps the figure light weight and makes it less top heavy for the cake. You unwrap a rice crispy treat bar, squish and mold it like you please; it doesn’t get any easier than that. All stand up blocks are made with fondant mixed with some tylose powder and dried for a couple of days before placing  on the cake

No comments

Post a Comment